Thug siad oíche ar guairdeall dom-They left me wandering all night
Limited Edition Book with CD. ISBN 9780993577000.
An artist book by Orla Ryan, Alanna O’Kelly and Brian Hand, designed by Eilis Murphy and published by Folded Leaf. Printed in a limited edition of 500 numbered copies, comprising five hand-bound sections and the CD ‘Tom Tailor Waterwitch’. The book has 80 pages, 150x235mm, and the sound works on the CD are arranged and produced by Orla Ryan, Alanna O’Kelly and Brian Hand and mixed and mastered by Pól Brennan.
Special thanks to Maolíosa Boyle, Ann Byrne, Ceara Conway, Mary Duffy, Frances Mezetti Duggan, Bairbre Hand, Una Hand, Eithne Hand, Sarah Hampstead, Aoife Kennedy, Jelizaveta Kirjouhina, Ruth Lehane, Julie Maguire, Peg McManus, Veronica O’Dea, Paddy O’Doherty,
- Living off scraps – the stormy petrel and the networked couriers of the Rising
- Commencing notes
- Factual poems – the military archives
- Protean subjects – a visual essay
- Storm birds – a lipogram
- CD: Tom Tailor Waterwitch
CD Track List
- Song of the Stormy Petrel / Burevestnik by Maxim Gorky, 1901
- Storm Signals (excerpt from sound installation in GPO courtyard)
- Stormy Revolutionary Characters
- Stormy Petrel by J. Martin, 1857
- Storm Birds (lipogram)